Do you want to refine your style without spending a fortune? Are you one of those people who get jittery and bored to plunge on a shopping spree? Worry not, you are on the right platform. Read the article to know more about a few simple tricks which would enhance your dressing style and make a statement, loud and clear.
Buying new clothes might be an exciting thing (or expensive, though a lot of women use Afterpay these days), but if you are someone who always finds it a struggle to pick the right fit, here are a few tricks that will help you dress up like a celebrity. These tricks can be used on your existing clothes without spending much money on a wardrobe makeover.
- Remember that when you choose clothes, the fit and the fabric matter the most. In fact, these are the two factors that make or break your outfit. If you buy the most expensive clothes but they happen to be too tight or too loose, they might not look that glamorous at all. Also, if you look at the clothes from the popular designers the first thing you might notice is perhaps the luxurious fabric quality.
- To obtain the right fit and the right type of outfit start with understanding your body type. If you wish to play by the rules know the right type of clothes that suit each body type. The focus is to accentuate your silhouette in the best possible way.
- Follow the wash instructions religiously. Missing out this small detail might prove to be a huge blunder. The wrong temperature or the wrong type of wash cycles can lead to shrinkage and make the clothes look worn out too soon.
- If you are finding the ruffles and crinkles on your clothes showing on your solid sweater, wear a fitting tank top on your shirt. This can act as a smoothing layer below your sweater.
- Ensure that you choose the right type of necklace based on the neckline of your top. This would coordinate the look.
- There are some clothes that do well when you hand wash them like plush cashmere for example. If you wish to keep it looking as good as new you might have to be gentle on the washing routine. The same applies to denim as well. The retention of the color of the jean depends on how you wash them.
- To keep your trousers’ zipper in place attach the hoop from an old keying to the runner. Fasten this to the button to hold the runner in place.
- The fuzz on your sweater can hamper the looks. Use a pumice stone or a razor to remove the fuzz and lint on your sweaters.
- The quality of lingerie you choose determines the final effect your outfit manages to pull off. Good quality lingerie is a great way to pamper yourself. These can make you feel comfortable all day long. Also, they can seamlessly accent the effects of the outfit.
- Layering is one of the best ways to get it right. If you have an old basic top which you find to be unflattering then you can easily add a jacket to distract the look. Using a scarf is another way to do it.
- Mix and match prints the right way. Playing with prints and textures can drastically influence your looks. Do not be afraid to play with prints. If you wish to keep it safe and simple match a printed blouse with solid pants or the other way round. Another way to safely mix prints is to go for a monotone look. When the clothes are of the same hue, having different prints might not be too conspicuous. Choosing a top with a crowded print and choosing a pant with the same print spaced out is another idea to play with prints.
- As clichéd as it might sound a little black dress is a wardrobe staple. No matter how old you are and no matter what your fashion preferences are, you can never go wrong with an LBD.
- Stop before you shop. Most of your impulsive buys might not turn out to be as exciting as you expected. Just because a product is on sale and just because you seem attracted to it, do not buy it. Do an inventory check on your wardrobe every now and then. Make a list of what you have. List out the fashion must-haves. Understand what more you need to complete your outfit for every occasion to suit your style. Check when there is a sale that goes live, look for these items on your shopping list.
- Tucking in doesn’t have to be merely for the formal office look. Also tucking in doesn’t always have to mean full tuck-in. Try out all the different tuck in styles. You would be surprised at all the styles you can create merely by experimenting with this one little detail.
- Have a dominating colour in your outfit. If you like to create a bold look do not use too many vibrant colours. Stick with neutrals in general and add one element that pops out in a bright and lively colour.