Afterpay Flights: How to Buy Tickets the Smart Way
More than likely, you’ll need to fly at some point in your life. Whatever the occasion may be, you should be aware of certain factors when buying a ticket. Refer to the following guide when purchasing your next flight so that you get a good value and an enjoyable experience.
Choosing an Airline
Different airlines abide by varying policies and guidelines, so it is important to do your research. The following list is an example of some of the things to look for.
- Baggage allowances. Are you going on a trip where you can fit everything into a carry-on bag? Most airlines allow a free carry-on, but you should definitely confirm their baggage policies. If you need more bags, however, there are usually additional fees for checked bags. Be careful about booking the cheapest ticket you can find.
- It is not uncommon to find an inexpensive flight out of a smaller airline, but they often charge a lot more for checked bags. Even though you thought you were getting a good deal, you will likely end up paying about the same amount you would at a more established airline, if not more. Also be aware of your airline’s policies when it comes to transporting delicate items such as musical instruments.
- Meals. If your flight is relatively short, you should be able to get by without snacks. Those with 10-hour flights, however, will likely want something to eat. You can always pack your own snacks, but know whether or not food is included with your ticket. It is also important to remember that you cannot bring water through security. Know that if you get thirsty, you’ll have to buy a bottle once you are past security, fill up an empty one at a water fountain, or take advantage the free water that some airlines offer.
- Pet policies. Are you travelling with a furry friend? Airlines deal with pets according to factors such as their size, breed, care requirements, and temperament, so become familiar with how your dog can travel.
- Do you have any disabilities that require certain travel accommodations? Learn how your airline of choice will assist you and make your travelling experience as easy as possible.
Buy Your Ticket at The Right Time
The best time to buy plane tickets usually depends on when and where you are travelling to. For each season, there is usually an ideal buying window where you’ll get the best deal. If you are travelling in spring, for instance, you should buy your tickets three months in advance compared to about two months in advance if you are travelling in the winter. If at all possible, make sure you don’t buy a ticket too far out or too close to your departure date to avoid expensive or overbooked flights.
Select Your Seat Carefully
Airlines have different policies when it comes to seating. Sometimes you’ll be asked to select a seat when you purchase your ticket. Other times, you’ll be randomly assigned unless you pay an extra fee. If you are lucky enough to pick any seat you want, choose carefully.
No one wants to be stuck next to a fighting couple or crying kid. You aren’t going to be able to control who you sit with, but you can still make your flight more enjoyable based on your seat selection. An aisle seat gives you a little extra legroom and makes it easier to go to the restroom, but you’ll have to let your companions by if they need to get up. A window seat offers a great view, but you’ll be stepping over people if you need to relieve yourself. Sitting at the front of the plane is generally quieter and allows you to board on and off much faster.
Are you comfortable with the responsibilities that come with sitting in an emergency exit aisle? Emergency exit seats are definitely worth it, considering that they often come with extra legroom. Some airlines also offer larger seats for an additional fee if you are looking for a cosier flight.
Affording Your Plane Ticket
Regular travellers often save up for big vacations or family trips, but if an emergency or important event suddenly comes up, you might find yourself short on cash.
Use a “buy now, pay later” service that lets you purchase items without paying for them immediately. ZipPay, Afterpay, and Oxipay are some of the companies that offer this service free of interest and hidden costs. You can easily purchase your plane ticket without having the funds accessible in your bank account, so you don’t have to wait until payday. A plan is set up where you make regular payments until the purchase is paid off.
Because these services take care of the financial aspect of travelling, you are free to get out there and explore the world!