What to Look for When Purchasing an Xbox One
An Xbox One is probably the best gift you can get a video game enthusiast. Not only this, but you can also use it to access other applications like Netflix or YouTube. These consoles are perfect for just about any type of audience, and the good news is that services like Afterpay make it a breeze to get your hands on them without breaking the bank.
We’ll get a little more into Afterpay and how it works later. First, we want to touch on the Xbox One and a few things you should know. Let’s begin with the things you want to consider when shopping for an Xbox One console.
Microsoft offers the Xbox One in three storage types: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB.
- 500GB can hold about 12 full digitally downloaded AAA games, not considering any other applications you may use. This storage option is recommended if you are a casual gamer who occasionally plays multiplayer games for fun.
- 1TB holds about 25 games, being that it is twice the size of 500 GB. This storage option is recommended for gamers who enjoy playing a wide variety of games, both single and multiplayer.
- 2TB holds upwards of 50 games and is built for hardcore gamers. These dedicated gamers also enjoy playing video games of any genre but differ from core gamers in that they play to fully complete and dominate games. If you love a wide variety of video games and plan on getting everything out of them, 2TB is meant for you.
On top of the Xbox One’s storage, you always have the option to purchase an external hard drive to increase storage space for even more gaming fun. You can also uninstall games you’re not playing to make room for new ones.
When purchasing an Xbox One, you have the option of adding Microsoft’s Accidental Damage Coverage. This warranty, which is available for up to three years, allows your Xbox to be replaced or repaired if it has been damaged in an accident.
Other companies that supply Xbox Ones may offer their own warranties, including 1 to 4-year protection plans.
We won’t lie and say that Xbox Ones are affordable for everyone. However, consumers have options. The first that should be kept in mind is whether you want a brand-new console or if you would be okay with a used or refurbished one.
You can save quite a bit of money buying a used console. Just make sure you understand what the warranty covers, as it will be different than a brand-new console. Moreover, the benefit of buying a new Xbox One is that you’ll usually get some games along with it at a much better price than purchasing separately.
Does the Deal Come with Games?
Xbox One consoles come in a variety of bundles that include popular games for a discounted price.
- If you enjoy first-person shooters or simply want a fun, casual multiplayer game, the Battlefield V Bundle is perfect for you.
- For the sports fanatics, Microsoft offers an NBA 2K19 or a Forza Horizon bundle, whether you prefer fast-paced basketball or dynamic, open-world racing.
- Both the Fallout 76 and Metro Saga bundles are available for those who enjoy post-apocalyptic survival games.
- The Tomb Raider bundle is perfect for those who love a thrilling, action-adventure game that focuses on puzzle-solving with an engaging story.
- Kids can’t get enough of the battle royale game Fortnite, which is also available in a money-saving bundle.
The Most Popular Games for Xbox
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – A Western, open-world video game with unlimited activities and a gripping story, Red Dead Redemption looks beautiful on the Xbox One, with its ultra-realistic graphics and smooth gaming mechanics.
- Overwatch – A fast-paced first-person shooter with new heroes, maps, and skins being added all the time, the Overwatch community is still as active as ever. Keep in mind that you’ll need an Xbox Live subscription to play with your friends online.
- Fallout 4 – This role-playing survival game forces you to make crucial decisions to ensure your safety in a post-apocalyptic world. Even with a massive map and endless missions, the Xbox One’s high-speed operating system handles it all with ease.
Buy an Xbox One with Afterpay
An Xbox is a great way to turn an ordinary living room into an amazing entertainment space for the whole family. Not only this, but they make amazing gifts. Since these consoles are not super cheap, a great option is to use a “buy now, pay later” service like Afterpay, ZipPay, or Oxipay.
Afterpay is an innovative service that allows you to purchase a product online, receive it within a matter of days, and responsibly pay for it later. Easy and quick, this option gives consumers the ability to pay in instalments as opposed to paying the Xbox’s entire cost up front. These types of services make gaming consoles far more accessible and budget-friendly.
As if this wasn’t enough, Afterpay includes no sign up or interest fees. You don’t have to wait for approval and the sign-up process is very quick. Another plus – you can manage your account directly from your smartphone!